View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #129
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Oh, I account for everything as well but that doesn't mean each part holds the same importance. If the bad guy minions suck then for me that might take off a .25/10 -.5/10 at most but what they did to the Mandarin had me taking a full 2/10 off for that BS.

As far as I'm concerned, the main antagonist/villain is the 2nd most important character in the film after the protagonist/hero at #1. Then the love interest/ingénue comes in 3rd and supporting characters after her.

Minions/henchmen don't even rate that high. They're not even characters. They're living props.
Yes, I'd take off a similar amount to you for the Extremis henchmen. But I would also say the Extremis thing extends to Killian too. He wasn't that convincing as a bad guy. The Extremis plot in general wasn't very impressive to me.

I loved the twist because it was funny and I liked the social commentary it provided regarding media coverage of our "enemies" in the world. It's kinda like all the speculation regarding Bin Laden. A lot of people thought he was dead for many years, yet the U.S. government claims we killed him in 2011. His video tapes kept getting shown in the media, so the "boogey man" effect kept going even if he really did die sometime in the early 2000's.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote