View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #115
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Yes, I agree. I thought the Justice League animated series Luthor was black for years. And hes my favorite interpretation of the character because of how he carried himself and how he was written. Kevin Spacey and Gene Hackman get zero bonus points in their performances as Luthor for being white.
I never thought animated Luthor was black. If anything, MAYBE like hispanic or something, I could see someone thinking that, but I don't see how someone would think he is black at all (especially when there are other black characters on the show). I think they maybe need to adjust the color on their tv sets.

And I thought Kevin Spacey was great and completely misused in Superman Returns. He could have been the Post Crisis/animated Lex we all wanted to see but instead they had him doing...darker Gene Hackman. Gene Hackman could have made a great Luthor too but they wanted him to play it campy and comical, his character in the Quick and the Dead is pretty much proof of how awesome he could have played Luthor if they wrote him that way.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote