View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 03:22 AM   #60
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do you think this movie is going to be too big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarriorZ View Post
This is same scenario where they screwed up the X-3 remember having too many unwanted characters and changed backstories and plotholes messed up story .
And this is Future past it will be more complicated this time .
The difference here is Bryan Singer. A lot of the useless and character-ruining cameos in X3 were put in by Ratner... even abusing his powers and casting friends (or women he wanted to impress) for roles like Psylocke that shouldn't have been included in the first place.

I posted this in another thread but it's probably more appropriate here...

X3 and Origins did horrible jobs with the cameos in that they pretty much ruined the possibilities for each character in future movies. We have to remember that Bryan wasn't responsible for that trend.

X2 had the following identified characters (that I can recall):

- Xavier, Wolverine, Jean, Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Pyro, Nightcrawler

- Magneto, Mystique, Stryker, Mutant 143/Jason, Deathstrike, Senator Kelly

- Kitty, Jubilee, Siryn, Colossus, Artie, Hank McCoy

Unless I'm leaving anyone out, that's 21 characters. The characters in the last line were cameos, but I remember all of them (except maybe Artie) were announced to the media in much the same way that they're announcing characters in DOFP.

IMO Bryan used all of the characters in X2 in appropriate ways. The mutant kids were chosen and used responsibly and were part of the school, which made sense. Hank was on TV and his association with the X-Men was not mentioned, nor was it excluded. No character was really ruined for future use.

Last edited by josh8; 07-02-2013 at 03:33 AM.
josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote