View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #58
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
It's not that deeply at all really, helmets are for protection that's pretty simple.
Yeah. But the helmets aren't for protection in the movie. The audience can tell that he doesn't need it. When I think of thor, I think of the big blondie with wings on his head, it's part of what MAKES his appearance for me, and for some people here as well. I love MCU thor, but as long as I see him without the helmet on screen, a part of me will always feel like it doesn't QUITE look like the thor I know, or the thor I paint in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yeah, I always think of the helm as a huge identifying feature of Thor. Way more than his red cape, or other parts of his design. I think MARVEL Thor, and guy with long blond hair in a winged helmet springs to mind. I can say establishing the no head gear look for the character as the norm is one of my few nitpicks for the first film.
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
^agreed, and the one minor nitpick i had with avengers was constantly calling him a "demi-god", or anything but "The God of Thunder".

C'mon Marvel, embrace it, he's a GOD, not a prince, not an alien, a GOD
screw the butt-hurt religious zealot types who'd get offended
well, he is from a different dimension, with powers. Sounds godly to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
No i know they did say it
but the the big line was during Stark's spiel, which they put on all the commercials
then you have the Avengers cartoons referring to him as the "prince of thunder"
it was just the one small moment in Avengers, but I'm just talking more about Marvel's general apprehension about calling him a god in advertising and the like.

I still friggin loved that movie, and to all the "hulk beat thor" people, you're wrong, sorry.
as far as I see it, Thor won that fight