View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #529
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I still can't see Jean being in this in her regular form. Unless the Phoenix ressurection is vital to the story at hand. I also do not like the disjointed presentation of a transpositional past metamorphosing into an alternate future or reality as we'd conventionally perceive the effects of time travel to the past. Maybe the only way to defeat the Sentinels is the Phoenix, otherwise why would you need Jean back?
I can think of a million reasons for jean to be back, not just defeating the sentinels. Jeans rise from the grave/full transformation in to the phoenix causes the apocalyptic future, thus causing the sentinels to be unleashed upon the mutants.

its a simple concept that can be easily fleshed out, without Famke having to be on set since she's the full phoenix force now. it worked very well in Wolverine & the X-men, I can see it working better in live action, its certainly an ongoing theme/problem in the trilogy. so much that it could completely change everything and everyone. Jean is such a major plot point in the OT that changing the timeline is that much more serious, dangerous and important.

My dream for the credits scene on the Wolverine to be Jean rising from the grave, or simply the Xavier/Logan airport scene with xavier saying some crap like "logan we need you back..." something vague with concern, then just a simple shot of Jeans tombstone to close it out, to plant the idea if what were dealing with in DOFP.

TWayneP is offline   Reply With Quote