View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #86
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Default Re: Disappointments of the Trilogy?

I watched this film again recently and thinking about it, almost the entirety of IM3 is a disappointment to me. It just wasn't good to me. In fact personally its right at the bottom of this current generation of CBM's other than Green Lantern.

The main things (quite a few) -
- There is no overarching story here. There is a bit carried on from The Avengers but pretty much nothing from the other two. This film just seems so distant from the others in the franchise. Tony is a d**k at the beginning of IM1 then becomes a full on good guy, then a bit of a d**k in IM2 but IM3 he is on full on d**kbag mode. For absolutely no reason at times.

- The arc reactor. Just why? Honestly an excuse such as Tony perfects extremis, puts it in himself so he is now able to remove the arc reactor would have worked and also made sense. The fact that he could have removed it at any point in the past 3 films just made no sense.

- The suits that seem to be able to do just the right thing at just the right time.

- Cracking a joke just after your girlfriend "died". Yeah lol....

- The supernatural-esque villains. Didn't sit right with me at all. We have just had aliens in Avengers but in an Iron Man centric film this just did not work for me.

- The airplane scene. Stark wasn't in the suit. Enough said. Ruins all tension.

- Stark and the kid. The kid was great but there is a diference between having a laugh and calling a kid who helped you a p***y. I do not believe the Stark we saw develop in Iron Man 1 would have behaved that way to a kid who clearly just wanted a guy to look up to.

- The gaps in logic. Stark has zero back up just incase the terrorist attacks his house. Now if it was just Stark I get it cause he does have that sort of ego but the fact he knew Pepper was there just makes him seem like a... d**k. Also he has loads of suits but spends lots of time on just one. The fact that the bad guys have no specific way on how to die. Killian survives 2 explosions. Then dies in an explosion. Same for others. A hole in the chest kills one but the others who have no limbs are fine.

Just really not great for me and there are more but I'm too tired right now.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote