View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #85
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
^agreed, and the one minor nitpick i had with avengers was constantly calling him a "demi-god", or anything but "The God of Thunder".

C'mon Marvel, embrace it, he's a GOD, not a prince, not an alien, a GOD
screw the butt-hurt religious zealot types who'd get offended
Tony and Cap not accepting him as a god made sense to me. Cap is clearly a Christian, and he witnessed Loki getting knocked down. Evidence they are not all powerful. I would think the same, my God can't even be slightly harmed.

Tony is the person who knocked Loki down, so same idea (even if he doesn't have another religion).

Now, I'm sure some people in the MCU would worship Thor, Odin, whatevs as gods after Thor/Avengers. Wether it will be shown or not (I'm guessing not) is something else. Me personally though, if it were to happen in real life, would go the Cap/Iron Man route and treat them more like advanced aliens than gods. And I'm not even a superhero.

And another thing: while Odin is still alive, Thor is kind of a prince. He's not a demigod, I agree. But he is a prince, and he is a lower case g god (having been formerly worshipped).