View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #48
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
People who have seen the X-Men original trilogy might watch the movie because it has Jean Grey. They are showing her in the trailers and TV spots and now she has her own poster. Mainstream viewers are not gonna watch this movie because they remember seeing Yukio, Viper and all those characters (except for Wolverine) in the previous movies.

I'm pretty sure she won't have a lot of scenes in the movie. At maximum, she'll have 5 to 7 scenes.

Anyway, in 4 weeks we'll know how big her role is and we'll know who's right.
Oh I wasn't even thinking 5-7 scenes (that would be more than most of the supporting characters like Storm, Iceman, Rogue etc. get in the average X-men movie!). I'm just expecting her to turn up in more than one scene. More than one scene and it's not really a cameo imo. Plus, Jean will have a presence in the film in that her death is one of the reasons Wolverine chooses to become mortal (I'm guessing).

And yes, I believe that the average movie goer who has seen an X-men movie in the past will have some idea of who Jean Grey is. Plus, Famke has had one of her biggest years (2 hit movies and headlining a tv show) ever so she has some visibility so that is probably one of the reasons they would feature her (especially since the rest of the cast besides Jackman & Janssen are complete unknowns to US audiences).