View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #124
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I'll say one thing by looking at the recent picture Henry is going to have train pretty hard to get back to his MOS physique, looks like he lost a ton of weight. I hope he doesn't pull a Chris Evans and look smaller in the sequel.
I think he still looks good, he's filling out those t shirts.

But he has already spoken about not being as big now in interviews. He said that he cannot be Superman big all the time, he will be an inefficient story-teller if he is. His next film is Man from UNCLE where he plays a spy in the 60's and its will be a somewhat funny film (Sherlock Holmes type). Now imagine if there is a shirtless scene in that and you suddenly see Napolean Solo with a super-sculpted god like physique and 3% body fat. It would be wholly inappropriate.

His Superman physique was built specially for Superman, it does not have use besides that film. Cavill also said in an interview that he does not have that ego where he needs to have an eight pack all the time to feel good about himself. He'll get it when the role requires.

I think he will be fine in MOS 2. He might not even have a shirtless scene in MOS 2 because we have already seen the Superman physique so Snyder might not put a shirtless scene in there again. So that would ease things for Cavill body fat wise. But his size he should being back and maybe even build upon.

slumcat is offline   Reply With Quote