View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #386
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
am i speaking over your head? i brought up spider-man because the poster i was replying to is a very obvious Spider-man fan. he/she didn't seem to understand why Pietro or Wanda's origins mattered. i countered with the spider bite. his/her response was "it's part of his origin." why doesn't this make sense to you? you all are saying that it's not important to explain why they have powers. i'm demonstrating that it's what is expected. they explained why Peter has powers. it doesn't matter if some of the facts were altered. they still explained it!
This is the film universe, not the comics universe. Whedon will obviously have to change some things that were in the comics in order to adapt the characters for the films. Marvel cannot use the mutant angle or Magneto as Wanda & Pietro's father, a fact that has been repeated in this thread ad nauseam. Do you understand the concept of adaptation, or has that gone completely over your head? I'm curious because you appear to expect the films to slavishly follow the comics when that has never been the case.