View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #564
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
I know, I just think Famke fits better than Evan Peters (even if it's not credit order, it would be odd to put Peters in front of Berry). Halle received higher billing than Famke in the first two films because the ensemble is alphabetical listing (and then obviously Halle renegotiated for X3 top billing). Maybe there is some other star out there that is coming on board. Or maybe Bryan pulled some strings and got Famke higher billing because he likes her way more than Halle lol. I'm still not convinced that Famke's even in the movie!

Famke has had one of her biggest years ever though - $600 million combined gross of Taken 2 and Hansel and Gretel and top lining a hit tv show. She is also being promoted as one of the stars of the Wolverine and will be doing press/promotion and premieres for that film. That gives her some visibility in the industry (but yeah, the billing before Berry would still be a stretch).
to be fair, Halle Berry was still "decently" known when X1 was released... I was a 14 year old and knew who she was (infact, other than Patrick Stewart) she was the only person in the film that i knew of.

and Halle Berry is still FAR more known than Famke has ever been, Famke isn't even near being a household name unfortunately. She's a great actress and I love her, but the closest she's really ever come to being widely known is the X-men films.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote