Re: 5 Things you see Necessary for a Good Sequel
I have a few:
1. A new writer.
2. Superman saving people from disasters (the oil rig scene was so dissapointingly short)... not just stopping an alien invasion.
3. Clark Kent and Lois Lane doing investigative reporting.
4. Lois Lane being a defiant, stubborn, tenacious woman with a dry sense of humour for more than 2 or 3 lines of the film.
5. Superman having at least one powerful, well written conversation about justice. I'd say Lex is a good person to do that with, but TBH i'd be happy with him saying anything about it to anyone.
6. A sense of Metropolis as a setting.
Those would be a good start.
'Why do I find all of this so horrible to explore?
Sure, they are interesting questions that I don't mind seeing in an elseworlds GN. But as a theme for the film that is kicking off the tone of the whole JL, and in a film that is presenting Superman to the general audience in a way that current generations will remember him?
I just don't like it. It's dark, it's depressing and it's not how I like the tone of Superman films to be.'