Re: 5 Things you see Necessary for a Good Sequel
I have a few:
1. A new writer.
2. Superman saving people from disasters (the oil rig scene was so dissapointingly short)... not just stopping an alien invasion.
3. Clark Kent and Lois Lane doing investigative reporting.
4. Lois Lane being a defiant, stubborn, tenacious woman with a dry sense of humour for more than 2 or 3 lines of the film.
5. Superman having at least one powerful, well written conversation about justice. I'd say Lex is a good person to do that with, but TBH i'd be happy with him saying anything about it to anyone.
6. A sense of Metropolis as a setting.
Those would be a good start.
Just accept that this is the direction they have taken.
Then, you can either decide this version isn't for you and stop watching. OR you can decide to enjoy it for what it is - an elseworlds tale.
'In Elseworlds, super-heroes are taken from their usual settings and put into strange times and places - some that have existed, and others that can't, couldn't or shouldn't exist. The result is stories that make characters who are as familiar as yesterday seem as fresh as tomorrow.'