Re: 5 Things you see Necessary for a Good Sequel
I have a few:
1. A new writer.
2. Superman saving people from disasters (the oil rig scene was so dissapointingly short)... not just stopping an alien invasion.
3. Clark Kent and Lois Lane doing investigative reporting.
4. Lois Lane being a defiant, stubborn, tenacious woman with a dry sense of humour for more than 2 or 3 lines of the film.
5. Superman having at least one powerful, well written conversation about justice. I'd say Lex is a good person to do that with, but TBH i'd be happy with him saying anything about it to anyone.
6. A sense of Metropolis as a setting.
Those would be a good start.
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.
"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."