View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #118
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
It's just my opinion. But Malekith....not sure if you've read the simmonson arc, but Malekith leads to a surtur saga. Surtur, in the MU, is the oldest being save galactus, "enemy that predates the universe itself"..."Malekith"...sounds like surtur to me
Excellent, good to hear. That does give a bit more credence to the idea. I would really like the Thor movies to focus more on the mythological cosmic aspects rather than, say, Wrecking Crew or Absorbing Man. I've really only read the oldest Thor stories (which are nothing like modern Thor, I'm sure you know) for the 616 universe.

I want as much from real life mythology as possible, except of course slightly altered to fit in the Marvel universe.

--------

I would also like to apologize that my little side bar conversation consisting of one post led to another side bar conversation consisting of several posts detailing how we weren't talking about Thor. Probably would have been over quicker (cause it was over) if no one said anything, but okay.