View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #422
EssayM
Just A Guy

Default Re: Your top 5 things that needs to be "fixed" for the Batman reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Sure, but for people to say Bale's Batman wasn't a badass makes me giggle. Id like to know people's definition of badass when Batman is throwing Maroni off a ledge or pounding Bane's face in until he breathes like a little woosy. With the Joker, he had dogs and a net around him, with his equipment malfunctioning, it's perfectly reasonable in that established world for Joker to get the upper hand for a short amount of time.
Badass isn't just punching people. Yes, Bale's Batman won some fights, but it always seemed to be emotional and it was usually against people weaker than him (Flass, Crane, Maroni, Joker, a depowered Bane). That's not badass, that's just a violent hissy fit. By contrast, BTAS Batman, even when in a seemingly inescapable deathtrap, would still stare down his captors and mess with their minds, never showing fear even if he had no idea what the hell was going on. That's not "unbeatable", that's being a professional.

If I'm not expressing myself clear enough, I think this video sums up my position pretty well:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

As does this one:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Gotta love NC

EssayM is offline   Reply With Quote