View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #275
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Why the obsession with continuing the Nolanverse in some loosely related form? I don't get it. I mean, I love the Nolanverse, but all these ideas for how to make it keep going... ugh.
Loosely related form? No.

I have no problem with the trilogy being it. But if there ever was a way to continue the Nolanverse while maintaining the end that has Bruce retiring without being some shared universe with Superman & a Justice League....it would be a Batman Beyond decades after the fact.

It couldn't realistically be made with JGL's character because a Robin or Nightwing movie is not going to sell as much or be worthy of a spin-off because the "Nightwing" role should debut with Dick.

JGL as Batman is always a iffy subject. That's not going to happen because he's an original character. WB has moved on to a reboot. The point of the ending of Rises was so Blake becomes anything you have in your mind. We don't need to see him dress up.

But a Batman movie, promoted as such, with Christian returning as an older man...with 20/30 years of peacetime with Selina (20 or so years in real life). It honors Nolan's ending. He can return to Gotham to live his final days where it all began for him. That sounds like something WB would try out and something fans would go bonkers for once this new reboot is winding down.

It's the only scenario that would work if the Nolan-verse continued because it doesn't retcon anything and gives the actors/filmmakers 20 years away from the franchise.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote