View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 03:31 AM   #566
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
As someone else said on here recently, I doubt Xavier will be the mind swap character. Mainly because it limits the character development of the 1973 Xavier. James will be playing the 20xx version of the character in the 1973 body, who has already lived through this experience. Whereas Patrick Stewart will be playing the 1973 version in the 20xx body.
I think it all depends on how mind travel works (if they do use it instead of physical timetravel). If it's something exactly like the original story where a mind from the future travels into the past and inhabits the body of its younger self, then I'd agree that it's unlikely to be Professor X as it would pretty much wipe out the character development of young!Charles. In this case, Wolverine would be a much less problematic choice.

But I also don't think that the story has to necessarily follow this scenario of mind travel. Especially since we have a character with psychic powers in future and the past. It could be about young and old Xaviers meeting on some psychic plane or whatever. Or Charles having some kind of flashbacks (or rather flashforwards) of the future because he's spent too much time with Cerebro or something.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 07-07-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote