View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #768
Victarion
Cut

Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

Theon seemed more diplomatic toward Prince Bran and Rickon in the book. I'm thinking of the scene where Theon sat on the edge of Bran's bed and explained how he was taking over Winterfell. In the show, I remember more a straight sacking and Rodrik's death. Oh, and I noticed that whereas the show uses actors for Tyrion and Ygritte that are more attractive than their book counterparts, Asha in the book seems more attractice than Yara. Book Stannis is more interesting than show Stannis. You have a sense of nobility about book Stannis that's there with show Stannis. However, there's also the fact that book Stannis headed a religious inquisition. It'd be interesting to see how show viewers would react to that.

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”

Last edited by Victarion; 07-07-2013 at 04:02 PM.