View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #154
Nicko-Ray
05. SINI .02. STER .14

Default Re: The Official Superman Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Morrison's run on Action was wacky as only Morrison can be, but it had some beautiful moments of brilliance, imo. And I just happen to enjoy his wildly imaginative ways, regardless. I also loved the Diggle issue after Morrison finished his run, but I was gonna drop it after that, knowing Scott Lobdell was taking over. Now I'm gonna read those issues just so I'm up to speed when Pak takes over. He did a great job for Marvel on Planet Hulk and Doctor Strange: Season One (the ONLY "Season One" I've really liked), and I think Batman/Superman is literally his first gig for DC, so I'm excited to see him jump onto the DC boat now, writing for my favorite hero, no less.

The great uncle wasn't the kid in the beginning - he FOUND the binoculars sifting through rubble.The kid died in the blast. Looks like the shadow of that monster was seared into the lenses of those binoculars, so I'm guessing that poor kid may have had the same thing happen to him that happened to the guy on the boat. Before he was eviscerated by the "bomb." I'm sure future issues will help clarify.
Interesting, interesting. I've had people tell me the same thins about Morrisson's run actually. A bit more positive but still with the fact that he wrote some brilliant classic Superman moments. I'm a bit of a Supes noob so I'm not familiar with these writers actually. Lobdell I've heard not so good things about but I'll give it a shot. I'm pretty open most of the time.

And thanks for the clarification. That makes much more sense.
So the guy on the boat ISN'T Perry's uncle? The great uncle who found the binos. We don't know who it is at this point right?

Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote