View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 02:38 AM   #456
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Personally, I just want them to move forward with the modern-day X-Men. I feel like its gonna be so much easier to map-out this series if they would only be focusing in 1 X-Men series. Two on-going X-Men movie series and spin-offs would over-saturate this series.
I agree that the modern-day X-Men are the way to go. I think First Class was a stylish and retro way of developing the X-Men world, but now that it's done it was actually very limiting. Creating stories in the past creates limits with continuity, believable technology, and storytelling. Mutants were presented as still somewhat mysterious in X1, so you can't tell really big stories in prequel format.

With the modern-day X-Men, the storytelling possibilities are endless. The core cast can have one more movie which passes the torch along to the younger characters... plus the addition of new but still popular characters. Characters like Rogue, Kitty, and Colossus could be joined with Psylocke, Archangel, a retconned Gambit... perfect for stories like the Mutant Massacre and villains like Sinister and Apocalypse. And after the events of DOFP, they could all be led by an alive and well Cyclops! Or if Halle and company are willing, even Storm (who was a big part of those awesome 80s stories).

Haha gawd I wish I could be a consultant just to live out my fanboy dreams!

Last edited by josh8; 07-10-2013 at 02:42 AM.