View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 03:32 AM   #457
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Default Re: Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Releasing comic-books and movies are different. Do you know how many comic-books can Marvel release with using the budget for just 1 movie? If you check the other superhero movie series out there, its only the X-Men that had the guts to release a spin-off movie and achieve moderate success. But its not the gonna work in the long run, the more spin-offs that FOX releases, the more chances the general public won't care about the X-Men movie series.

Origins: Wolverine and First Class didn't help the franchise to attract more viewers. The Wolverine is hardly on people's radar. The only thing that this series benefited from releasing spin-off/prequels is the audience didn't get tired seeing the original cast and now that they got a 8-year break, I feel like its time again for the general public to see another string of films with the original cast.

And when the modern-day cast decided to quit, I want this series to end with them. Then after that, do a reboot that will not connect things to the original film series.
Im not saying stay in the past with the FC cast im saying there are plenty of other teams of X-men and not just to stick with the current ones we have in film, like Generation X,XForce,New Mutants. Im just saying to explore into different territories. I understand what your saying having it end with the Modern day,but i would need a reboot so I can continue to get my Storm fix. Im not checking for the Wolverine just because he is an oversaturated character regardless you saying hes the star of the X-men because there can be plenty after him. i want AOA and for the Shiar to be introduced as long as the franschise dosent die out ill be happy. Also im not saying make all these strings of X-movies at one time because I agree the audience will eventually tire of it.