View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #382
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

There was a bit of the shaky cam stuff going on to achieve a more real approach. I believe the entire movie was handheld. But sometimes it doesn't work. While the quick editing in fights during Begins was done brilliantly to show the audience the view of the criminals who can barely see this Bat character coming at them. Even then, Nolan/Pfister never went into the shaky cam gimmick during important dialogue.

It doesn't really bother me though, not too much anyway. Ive seen it handled a lot worse.

I love MOS, I think it's one of the greats in the genre. It gets better with each viewing. But it seems like me and you (Tequilla) agree that Begins had a pacing & overall feel that makes it the superior one.

People might hate me for saying this, but I enjoy MOS more than any previous Superman movie. It just hits all the right notes that I wanted for a Superman origin, something I can take seriously. Of course im hoping the sequel is an improvement. But as for originality, legendary, groundbreaking origins?? This is why the new boxset for TDK trilogy has Donner & Nolan sitting down to discuss their movies. Because Superman: The Movie and Batman Begins are the first origin stories for Supes and Bats. AND because they influenced so much.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote