View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #9
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do you think the new Batman actor will get "Lazenby'd"?

I think Conroy is irreplaceable in the world of voice acting. I can't really take any animated Batman seriously unless it's Conroy.

But I believe Batman in live-action (not talking about Bruce Wayne) will never be "irreplaceable". He can always be replaced under the cowl. But Bruce Wayne is going to be hard to top Bale. Keaton was great and I grew up with his Bruce before anybody else but he never looked like the character to me and had a quirkiness about him even in private as Bruce. Which was awesome but replaceable. And now I cant think of a Bruce Wayne that will top Christian Bale. I think he's the gold standard. Even if they find an actor who looks more like the character I don't think you can find a better Oscar winner like Bale or somebody who's that intense like he is, where he'll do WHATEVER it takes to become that role. Christian's dedication to his physique whether it be weight gain or loss, his dynamics in playing the 3 different people under 1 character AND his appeal in the business for the mainstream and other actors to feel glued to.

I feel it's almost impossible to top Bale's Bruce Wayne. Like I said though with Batman it's different. If they can hit it out of the park with the new casting then ill applaud the HELL out of Warner Brothers and the director who made the choice.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote