View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #470
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I agree that the modern-day X-Men are the way to go. I think First Class was a stylish and retro way of developing the X-Men world, but now that it's done it was actually very limiting. Creating stories in the past creates limits with continuity, believable technology, and storytelling. Mutants were presented as still somewhat mysterious in X1, so you can't tell really big stories in prequel format.

With the modern-day X-Men, the storytelling possibilities are endless. The core cast can have one more movie which passes the torch along to the younger characters... plus the addition of new but still popular characters. Characters like Rogue, Kitty, and Colossus could be joined with Psylocke, Archangel, a retconned Gambit... perfect for stories like the Mutant Massacre and villains like Sinister and Apocalypse. And after the events of DOFP, they could all be led by an alive and well Cyclops! Or if Halle and company are willing, even Storm (who was a big part of those awesome 80s stories).

Haha gawd I wish I could be a consultant just to live out my fanboy dreams!
I could not agree with you more. The stories I want to see on screen won't work in the first class past universe. The modern day X-Men are needed. and if new characters like Psylocke are introduced in the past then it stops them interacting with characters like say Angel who would be among the modern day X-Men. I liked FC but I think it's done its job which was to revitalize the X-Men series. It did the seemingly impossible and breathed new life into the series and now the Modern day team can keep the pulse beating.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER