View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #758
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Where does most of TDK's critisism come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Morose View Post
I didn't say 'any' but 'much' criticism.

And well, anyone can start a site saying something sucks. Last post I see there is from 2009. Just one of those hate-everything-popular fellows.
It was just one example I offered. The attitudes expressed on that site are hardly localized to that one site and to 2008-9. I find arguments about TDK's merits on the comment pages And the point is to address the central question of this thread- I believe a big chunk of TDK's criticism comes from the fact that a lot of people think it's overrated and like to pick it apart for that (I've seen people compile lists of plotholes for it, just like people did for TDKR)

Another big chunk of it simply comes from people who aren't overly fond of Nolan's take on Batman overall and find TDK to be too much crime procedural, not enough superhero. I think those two camps constitute most of the criticisms thrown at the movie.

I adore TDK, but I've had to argue its merits with too many people for me to say this movie doesn't have a decent amount of detractors out there.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote