View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #13
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I'm not sure if Zack Snyder was too afraid to show quiet scenes. We got quite a lengthy lingering scene of Superman and Lois just holding hands awaiting Faora.

I think the best summation is it's a great movie, but it's not a great movie. Which is where the disconnect is with alot of us here. Many of us were expecting so much better. I have hope that we can get there in a sequel though. Please please please.
It's a great ACTION-based superhero movie, a mediocre PLOT-based superhero movie, and an unsatisfactory character based-movie.

It was a film that should have been better than it was, but has a lot of really good elements to it. Hopefully the sequel can be all about the characters, with more humor, less action/destruction, and a "pure" villain. Also, it should involve the world somehow.

Someone else should write the main screenplay, but keep Goyer for the ideas. I don't know if Zack can pull off a "quiet" movie, but if he can, keep him.

I really want Jonah Nolan to be the driving force behind the story and dialog. He's closer to the medium than Chris is, and seems to bring a warmth to some of his characters (as evidenced in POI).

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote