View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #852
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Interesting thoughts. If the comic book panel my comments were about were actually done as a scene from an opera, it would probably strike me as more over the top than creepy and thus less upsetting.

And ruthless is a great word to describe Odin's parenting style. Harsh to me means super strict, maybe even a bit ferocious, a la Professor Snape. Odin is way beyond that.
it's tough though. I think snape is worse. Odin has had great moments. Hell, every single one of he and thor's moments are tear jerkers.

Unrelated, but something worth noting, that everyone must have written off, regarding Loki, and...the other, and possible the world tree...

remember when Loki went to that astral plane with the other, that mental plane or whatever, and they were talking? As The Other threatened him, we all noticed that serpent in the backround, right? Did it occur to anyone else that the serpent behind them was NOT one of the things from the final battle? For two reasons, one, don't think it seemed as big, two, they were in an astral plane of existence. Why was this serpent in Loki's mind?

Nidhogg? In the comics, he ate the souls of the dead, right? However, in the myth, he knaws at the roots of the world tree. So he could exist inbetween the physical and non physical realities, right?

What if that serpent was an easter egg/forshadowing of that serpent, that it was slowly tormenting, and eating away at Loki's mind?