Thread: Quick question
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #14
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Quick question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneelBeforeZod View Post
Choose your interpretation. If you insist on interpreting the "year ago" line that way ... it seems at least as likely that the "year ago" throwaway line is a continuity goof. If you're going to just ignore an annoying detail ... why not ignore that one?
Because it's not an annoying detail. Even if your 4 year gap was right, it would still be a continuity goof. Gordon's kid in Begins was a little crying baby being spoon fed by Mrs. Gordon. In TDK he was at the very least 8 years old.

No matter who's math you choose, it's a continuity goof.

Quote:
A three-year gap makes more sense in the timeline. It coincides with the kids ages.
No it doesn't. I've just proven that.

Quote:
It coincides with the 5-years of using the Begins suit (as referenced in one of the movie tie-in manuals).
Manuals are as valid as Novelizations. As in not at all.

Quote:
And, it makes Wayne's Batman service-time work better for the overall story (five-years before the 'retirement' + plus a year during the Bane incident).
Except the time line of the movies doesn't support that. That's just wishful thinking on your part.

Quote:
Makes far more sense in continuity than the whole first two movies happening within a year.
It doesn't make one lick of sense. Not for the ages of the kid, not for the idea that Joker sat around being a thief for 5 years, and not that it took 5 long years just to rebuild Wayne Manor.

Your 5 year timeline is false.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote