View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #859
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
You know I was thinking that with Loki it would seem like Odin and Asgardian society in general has created their own monster with him. Instead of praising Loki for his natural born abilities and putting him down for being a man of intellect as opposed to brawn they've more or less alienated him when he could have been nurtured as a tool for good. I think that Frigga saw that potential in him hence why in the MCU she's been more supportive of him.
Aside from his innate lying, mischief loving, chaos creating characteristics he would've made a great ally.

You might be right though. If Loki had been treated differently, with respect (especially by Thor), he might potentially have been a great co-ruler. You would certainly want someone with his skill set to be with you instead of against you. With all the warm and fuzzy family feels between the two there would have to be a new source of conflict. Someone else playing the bad lad.

I wonder if this alternate possibility was ever explored in the comics? It might have made for an interesting miniseries.