Thread: Quick question
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #23
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Quick question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Plus Harvey starts hinting at commitment like marriage to Rachel. If they were together for 1 year max or even 8 months, it just doesn't make sense.
Why not? People have got engaged after a few months of dating. When you know, you know.

I mean Batman Begins asked us to believe Rachel and Bruce were in love when Bruce had been gone for 7 years. The last time she saw him she slapped his face and told him his dad would be ashamed of him. We never saw the vaguest hint there was anything romantic between them until their final scene in BB.

Then we have The Dark Knight Rises, where we're told Bruce gave up on a normal life because a woman he never even dated or had sex with was dead, and he thought she had been his only shot at a normal life. We won't even get started on Bruce and Selina running away abroad together after knowing each other for like a day and a half (not counting the months he was locked away abroad in the pit thanks to her betrayal of him).

Compare all of that nonsense to Harvey and Rachel intimately dating for several months before considering marriage which is far more plausible, not to mention common in the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I think it is funny that The Joker here is being accused of creating a fan fiction timeline when he is drawing conclusions exclusively from what the films themselves state.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 07-13-2013 at 07:06 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote