View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #980
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Would it be fair to say that TDK got people to fall in love with batman again? It was for me as I didn't watch BB untill after TDK.
Yeah that's fair. Not for me though. I fell back in love with Batman with Batman Begins, when I saw it 4 (or was it 5?) times in the cinema back in the summer of 2005. I spent the whole first half of the decade completely away from Bats. All because I was so insulted as a 10 year old after watching Batman & Robin. I rented that **** in 1998 and couldn't watch it in one sitting LOL. Early 99 I borrowed a copy of Knightfall from a friend, and I really wasn't a comic book reader when I was younger, and I was so annoyed with what we were given by Shumacher that I threw my hands up in the air and said **** BATMAN ON FILM (not quite those words).

I was stupid because I missed the entirety of Batman Beyond and the Justice League animated series. But Begins brought me back. TDK on the other hand brought me into the graphic novel world. As my childhood was all about Bruce Timm and Tim Burton.

I imagine TDK brought a LOT of ppl back to the character.