View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #998
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monicabbm View Post
For you who like the movie yes, but for those who don't like is one of the worst ways to finish the trilogy. This ending annoys me.
But how? It's the perfect bookend. Batman passing the mantle off to Robin. It ends like it began in many ways. Begins opens with daylight, a young happy Bruce with a female friend, with his whole life ahead of him. But that gets cut off. Then it goes to the first time we see Bale's face. It's a closeup and he's trapped in a prison with sadness all over his face.

Then the trilogy ends with Bruce as an adult in a open space during the day. An older happy Bruce with a female friend, with his whole life ahead of him. The last shot of Bale is a shot in the distance and he's smiling. At peace. For the first time since he was that 8 year old kid he's actually happy.

How does anyone who love the character of Bruce Wayne and this trilogy HATE this ending? It will baffle me until the day I die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
No need to feel sad for me. I enjoy watching TDKR.

I think "epic and beautiful" is a bit much describing TDKR's finale, though.
I honestly get tears in my eyes EVERY single time ive seen the ending. Which is probably over a dozen times by now.