View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #11
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Blake is like "huh, some bats. That's interesting."
To me he's reacting in awe and almost boyish wonder (heh, get it?).

It makes sense too, because when Bruce went down there he was 29 and had just spent 7 years trying to find himself and carve out his path. Blake was somewhere in his early 20s, and he had just quit being a cop (his equivalent of Bruce leaving Gotham). He still has plenty of growing to do. His journey is just beginning. But now he has a path he can follow.

This might sound weird, but the way I see it- Wayne Manor being turned into an orphanage/Blake getting the coordinates to the cave is something like the ending to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, where Charlie and his family inherit the factory. That element of the wealthy, eccentric hero entrusting his fortune and legacy to a good-hearted member of the lower class that really resonates with me. I could see how that might be too saccharine or sentimental an ending for some people's tastes, but I thought it was really touching. One thing that was consistent about Bruce throughout this whole trilogy was that he believed in the good people of Gotham.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158