View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #7
Ant-manic
Banned User

Default Re: Shang-Chi part of Phase 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Why on earth would a kung-fu movie not do well at the box office?
Okay, we're not talking blockbuster material, clearly, but kung fu flicks are a staple of action movies and virtually every action star since the 1960s has done at least a stint or three in them.

Still, if Marvel was even remotely serious about Shang-Chi (given IMDB's poor credibility, I strongly doubt this), I'd think it'd be a lot more wise to roll up all the '70s B-movie action flick superhero types into a proper Heroes for Hire movie or TV show, where they belong: Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Shang-Chi, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, White Tiger.

i disagree. i think they should devote a phase to movies like this (Punisher, Daredevil, Shang Chi, Iron Fist, and Luke). but i don't think a Heroes for Hire movie (like you're describing) would work. they could get away with a crossover of Iron Fist and Luke Cage; after presenting both solo properties. but i think it'd be wrongheaded to try to shoehorn Shang into the Heroes for Hire mold. he's not a hired hero. he's a secret agent. he has a cast of his own and an agenda. Misty could appear first in Cage's movie (and maybe even as a linking character in Daredevil and/or Punisher as part of the NYPD). Colleen could appear in Iron Fist; as the daughter of a professor researching Kunlun. and then those two could meet and team up in the Iron Fist/Cage crossover. but that's just how i would do it.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote