View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #86
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Default Re: The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I fully believe that you should have Michael Shannon scream at the top of his lungs like a maniac at least once in any project he appears in, he is just that damn intense. Also, I found Shannon's performance to be very believable. He was subdued most of the film (like a soldier should be) but had a temper and would explode with rage and frustration from time to time. At the end of the movie, he just completely loses his mind and becomes a rabid dog. I though his acting was very good and multi-dimensional. I certainly bought him being the supreme commander of the Kryptonian military much more than Terence Stamp (who came across as more of a pompous, arrogant, aristocrat than an actual soldier).
You hit the nail on the head. Stamp indubitably offered a great performance, but if we're talking about the portrayal of a Kryptonian general, Shannon was far more believable in that particular role.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote