View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #90
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I agree, I just wish with the way they'd shot it they actually showed a shot from the real distance between the overpass and where Jonathan Kent was. I think if you study the scene there there is quite a substantial distance between where Clark is and where Jonathan is, it's just with all the close-up handheld shooting they do it makes it appear like they're 20 ft away, and it's just like 'take 2 seconds and grab him Clark!'.

That said though, I think this is one of the better scenes of the film, Costner and Cavill really sell it. And I agree with Mark Waid who thought it was that good, he wishes he wrote it. That's high praise.
Mark liked the pa sacrifice scene ? Weird I assumed that was one of his complaints.
I personally thought it was heartbreakingly fascinating that johnathan loved his son so much and was so afraid that people wouldn't understand Clark and the government would take him away that he died for his son.
Powerful stuff. But I wish it had been executed more in depth. It's still a good scene and whenever I watch Cavill screaming dad at the end... Henry sells it so well.
I just wish that moment had been extended and longer.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote