View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #45
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Well said.

Gotta say, you impress me. Each time someone makes a throw-away comment about "those who can be relied upon to defend everything about TDKR" or something alone those lines, you come back with an explanation for your opinion that is both perfectly logical and valid. If only Anno took a lesson from you...

Anyone else as fascinated by this TDKR thread as I am? Hard to believe there are new posts in it every day after a year of the film being released. And you've all gotta admit that it's pretty funny how this thread is essentially a very polite 3 on 3 battle of opinions. There's a couple of guys who've made their distaste for TDKR quite evident, so they're always agreeing and high-fiving each other via posts. "Yeah, man, you're right! TDKR spits all over everything the first 2 films did!" Then there's the few people who are more than happy with how TDKR turned out and do the exact same thing. "Totally agreed. TDKR honors the first two so much." And then the conversations move on and cycle through the same subjects that have been discussed for over a year (it is only a 2.5 hour movie after all). The same people agree, the same people disagree, over and over. Nothing is accomplished. Nothing changes. It's like the Twilight Zone.

Not intending to insult anyone whatsoever, especially since I've participated as well. I just think it's pretty funny when you look at this thread from that perspective, and if we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at?
Haha, first of all thank you. Second of all everything you've said is so true and I'm amazed myself that he we are one year after the film's release, on page 2 of a brand new general discussion thread. But nothing seems to change. Round and round we go. It is pretty funny when you think about it, but neither side of the argument seems to want to stop posting in this section, so here we are. Batman fans are notoriously stubborn and opinionated, and I'm no exception.

If I may though, regwec recently said something to the effect of "I only criticize the Nolan films because at least they are worth criticizing". And from my end, I only respond to certain criticisms because I think they are worth addressing and discussing. I'm not about trying to show that I'm "objectively" right, I just want to express why I might see a given thing differently and have a positive reaction to it rather than negative. Even if I don't change anyone's mind I hope to at least give them a better idea of why I might like something they don't. A higher level of discourse is what I ultimately crave.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158