View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #50
regwec
Shakespearo

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Well said.

Gotta say, you impress me. Each time someone makes a throw-away comment about "those who can be relied upon to defend everything about TDKR" or something alone those lines, you come back with an explanation for your opinion that is both perfectly logical and valid. If only Anno took a lesson from you...

Anyone else as fascinated by this TDKR thread as I am? Hard to believe there are new posts in it every day after a year of the film being released. And you've all gotta admit that it's pretty funny how this thread is essentially a very polite 3 on 3 battle of opinions. There's a couple of guys who've made their distaste for TDKR quite evident, so they're always agreeing and high-fiving each other via posts. "Yeah, man, you're right! TDKR spits all over everything the first 2 films did!" Then there's the few people who are more than happy with how TDKR turned out and do the exact same thing. "Totally agreed. TDKR honors the first two so much." And then the conversations move on and cycle through the same subjects that have been discussed for over a year (it is only a 2.5 hour movie after all). The same people agree, the same people disagree, over and over. Nothing is accomplished. Nothing changes. It's like the Twilight Zone.

Not intending to insult anyone whatsoever, especially since I've participated as well. I just think it's pretty funny when you look at this thread from that perspective, and if we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at?
I was thinking the same thing earlier. There is no heat in this discussion, it is like playing a gentle game of cricket with friends on a summer's afternoon.

It's a pity more threads aren't equally civil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
If I may though, regwec recently said something to the effect of "I only criticize the Nolan films because at least they are worth criticizing".
Yes, and I would repeat that. I don't love everything about these films, but they are proper films, made with a degree of care and artistry. Ten minutes of BB is worth more to me than the entire output of Marvel Studios.