View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #129
vrivasfl
Side-Kick

Default Re: Should they introduce Kara Zor-El in the sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny1 View Post
Wow! I did not know some guys did not want to see Supergirl in a mint skirt showing off her legs. I really don't think anything is wrong with a female superhero dressing sexy while fighting crime.
There is nothing wrong with it per se, but it is simply illogical to fight crime in a miniskirt. No other kryptonian wore a miniskirt, so she would have to go out of her way to modify hr suit into a miniskirt, which is probably illogical plot-wise as well.

I would love to Kara in the upcoming film because of the contrast between her aqnd Kal-El. Kal grew up constantly being tortured by his inability to control his own powers. Over the years, it was Martha and Jonathan who helped him through it all, helped him become Clark Kent.

Kara didn't have any of that. Imagine a teenage Kryptonian on Earth, lets say a scout from the ship awakened when Clark activated the ship. The sun is causing her intense pain and she had no one to help her through it, not even explain to her what's going on. What if Clark doesn't find her for a few years? Kara has been living in caves and traveling by night to avoid the sun. She's practically feral, and Clark now has to help her from scratch. What if someone like Lex gets his hand on a feral kryptonian? If his goal is to turn public opinion against Superman, letting loose an uncontrollable kryptonian would serve that purpose well.

vrivasfl is offline   Reply With Quote