View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #105
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post

Man of steel felt like direct assault on these preconceptions. And it was relentless. Snyder knew and just didn't care. You think Superman isn't cool, you think he isn't relevant? Here he is ****ing people up. He just snapped someones neck. Look this destruction is 100X what you saw in Transformers. He can drink because **** you. He's cooler than Batman. He's cooler than you.

Anyways I'm drunk.
Lmao, awesome. I love the PISS out of Man of Steel more and more not only everytime I watch it, but everytime I see the assassin remarks from people who dry-hump the Donnerverse and feel the need to compare it to Christopher Reeve's rendition.

Snyder said it from DAY ONE: I will NOT apologize for my Superman. This dude took this character that forever lived in action-BLUE BALLS, was teased back to the big-screen in '06, only to see the character not be able to "release." Snyder took all that build-up and was all like "Here's some ACTION Supes...have at it!"

Snyder, Goyer and Team MAN OF STEEL took one of the most difficult characters to get right (not only juding by what he can do, but who the fans CLAIM who they THINK he is..) and gave him these huge balls that every other director or petrified writer refused or was scared to do for quite some time. I applaud it!