View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 02:17 AM   #11
InJustice
Side-Kick

Default Re: OK...its time.....Man of Steel vs Superman Returns - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Superman Returns should have been a reboot and not a continuation. That was a mistake. Can you imagine Nolan continuing the Burton films instead of rebooting Batman? It was an awful, awful mistake.

Man of Steel can win this one by virtue of simply being a proper, quality reboot. I like Cavill better then Routh. I like Adams better then Bosworth. I like Fishburne better the Langella.

I will say Superman Returns had a much better romance subplot then Man of Steel. But thats the only thing I can think of going for it.
This is understated to be honest, every review of Superman Returns (at least video-wise) have highlighted how the reviewers felt that they were going to get a rebooted Superman, until they realized it was a copypasta'd Donner film. People were ready to move on from Donner's Superman, and yet the audience was sucked back into it, almost out of necessity. Even then, the film also suffers from writing Superman as someone we still can't relate to, or understand (which is why I appreciate MOS' take on Clark/Kal-El as an outsider trying to blend in).

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote