View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 04:52 AM   #772
Melapi
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Umm seriously if you combine the star power of those four to the star power of Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry. They aren't a big deal. So far, James McAvoy hasn't portrayed a character that is very well-known to the general public. He's not known for playing the younger version of Prof X. Nicholas Hoult isn't a big actor yet, he just happened to have movies. Michael Fassbender gets buzz when he earned nominations and the Prometheus film, but he's no Hugh Jackman. Jennifer Lawrence is the only big star out of those four.

While the core four of the OT - Patrick Stewart is well-known for his role in Star Trek Generations and when people see Patrick Stewart people automatically say "Thats Professor X!". Halle/Hugh/Ian are also popular with the X-Men characters that they are portraying. Then Ian has The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings. Hugh Jackman is one of the biggest actors at the moment. Halle, is a tabloid favorite and even if she doesn't have a lot of big films for the past few years, the press still sees her as an A-List actress/celebrity.
Plus you have Ellen Page which is that pop icon called Juno and was also nominated for an Oscar as a fan favorite, Anna Paquin which portraits another pop icon called Sookie Stackhouse and is the second younger Oscar winner, and Famke Janssen was Xenia Onatopp, one of the best Bond girls of all the times, and right now she's at the top of her game with Taken, Hanssel & Grettel and her L'Oreal contract. All of them were upcoming actors... many years ago, now they're consolidated actors and stars.

I'm not saying FC are bad, in fact Fassbender is one of my favorite actors, but they can't compite with the big guys in this saga. I'm feeling the OC is the one being put down.

Nowadays coming back to Anna, Why can't we see a photo of hers? I really want all this silence is because they have something big for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Watch True Blood, Anna could pull it off (and does frequently on that show).
There was no need to wait until 2008 and watch her in TB, she proved her sexiness and fierceness tons of times before TB like in 2000 with Almost Famous, in 2001 with Buffalo Soldiers, in 2002 with the 25th Hour or in 2005 with The Squid and the Whale, but for some reason they didn't take note for X-men.