View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #199
vrivasfl
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

For the record, I am most interested in seeing Brainiac, Metallo, and/or Doomsday appear in either the next film, as well as Lex Luthor, of course.

That being said, I was wondering if anyone here was willing to seriously consider Mxyzptlk as a legitimate threat? In pretty much all cartoon media, Mxyzptlk has been a comical villain, not a real threat, and even Smallville only gave the guy one single episode.

Still, the guy (or imp or whatever) is a classic villain and even though the fight may not be as visually exctiting as Superman vs. Zod, there is no doubt that his magical ability would allow him to hold his own. Sure, saying his name backwards is campy and it's sort of become a pop culture joke by this point, but could Snyder and the team redeem the character? I think it's a possibility, especially if you want to save the heavy hitters like Brainiac and Darkseid for MOS 3 and JL and beyond.

EDIT: Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow is a good example of Mxyzptlk as a true villaiin more than just a prankster

Last edited by vrivasfl; 07-19-2013 at 07:39 PM.
vrivasfl is offline   Reply With Quote