View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #24
tomoe
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Standard practice.

I don't know how I feel about it. The idea sounds exciting. I was hoping for MOS 2 with just Superman. How Batman being involved changes everything, I don't know.

If one of the elements of the story is the public's reaction to Superman, then Batman's appearance as a reaction to what happened in MOS does make sense also. He can be seen as being skeptical of Superman. Along with this, establishing the new Batman here allows the expansion of the DC Cinematic Universe and can tie into Flash and Justice League, if the rumors about those films are true.

As long as Superman is the main focus and it's his story with Batman guest starring, I'm fine. I'm sure they'll have one fight before teaming up and I'm curious to see how it'll be portrayed. There are a lot of elements to juggle here.

It'd be cool if one of the final scenes is Superman handing Batman a piece of kryptonite--if kryptonite shows up in this film--to keep just in case.

I'm not jumping on either side of the fence here. I'm just straddling, waiting to hear more news before casting a judgment.
Yeah, and then in Justice League they'll actually have to use that piece of kryptonite against him because he will be mind controlled or somehow corrupted because he's a weak minded knucklehead. Gah... I'm so annoyed and depressed about this, even more so because Goyer and Snyder are heading this. I do not think Batman and Superman should be fighting each other either, which sounds like what will happen with Snyder's Batman vs. Superman comment and that quote they used. Superman will just come off looking like a moron for losing. Yeah... I'm overreacting and ranting and raving and making crazy assumptions that hopefully won't come true. I just really don't see this being any good.

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote