View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #948
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I'm not saying it HAS to be one or the other, I was just listing reasons why it makes more sense on a multitude of fronts to have Tony build Ultron in the MCU rather than Pym and how Joss and the guys at Marvel may be looking at it. Pym creating Ultron may mean a lot to us, but it means nothing to 99.9999999% of the rest of the population, and there are too many pros to having Tony do the deep than Pym to ignore just to be comic book faithful to something that doesn't even need to be cut and pasted from the comics.
Like I said, getting the audience to care about new characters is Marvel's specialty. If he's introduced in something like Cap 2 or A2 the audience has a chance to care about the character before Ant-Man. This seems like too much of a great opportunity to pass up. Stark has had his arc and RDJ might not want to be in any more solo movies. A2 shouldn't be exploring Stark's conflict after creating Ultron since we've already seen the character in so many dark spots during his life. Pym is the one that will be getting a solo movie directly after A2, and I see it as the chance to show Pym's struggle with the events in AOU still very fresh on the audiences' minds. I think it's the route they'll take at the moment, but only time will tell.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.