Thread: Age of Ultron
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #86
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Age of Ultron

It's only been a few hours since the panel ended and already a fight has broken out over details we won't know for sure until the film comes out. Some things never change.

As someone who has been an Ultron fan since I first read Avengers #56 - #58, I am absolutely thrilled by the news. He is the Avengers ultimate foe, at least for me, as he is absolutely obsessed with the team and intimately involved with its members as no other foe has been. Despite being a robot, Ultron acts from complex, twisted emotional needs that rival those of Loki in depth and intensity. Perhaps that is what Whedon means when he says that The Age of Ultron will be a more personal battle for the heroes.

Although I really want Hank Pym to be Ultron's "father," I am willing to wait and see how things develop. The person I will blame if Pym is excised from the story is Edgar Wright, since he has held Ant-Man hostage for years. Yes, Marvel allowed the delays, but that deprived us of Hank and Jan on the team, which will always annoy me. If Ultron is affected, too, that will compound the sin.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote