View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #83
verisimilitude
"Great Shades of Elvis"

Default Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

Wow. This is huge news. I haven't logged on in a while - but I'm intrigued.

However, having watched MOS, which I loved, but I feel lacked a lot of character development and was a bit thin at times --- I think the WB are going for the easy money, offering spectacle and eye candy and rushing to keep up with Marvel and the Avengers.

I laughed hysterically when the same people that were complaining that SR had little to no action and they wanted Supes to kick ass --- started complaining that MOS had TOO MUCH ACTION. "You asked for it - you got it" - and hats off to Synder for that.

But I'm not a fan of Goyer and some of the lines were terrible. Even though we've had over 10 years of character development on Smallville (perhaps a bit too much) -- -in MOS? Come on! 'Smallville' was rushed like pregnant woman to maternity -- and the delivery was agony.

I found people complaining about the *SPOILER*

Clark breaking 'someone's' neck

*END SPOILER*

but I think the thing that I absolutely hated the most was this:

Clark: "I let my father die, because I trusted him" - Superman would NEVER do that, man.

Anyway, back to the SUPERMAN/BATMAN thing.

I am in the minority that wasn't a fan of the Nolan trilogy - so I was optimistic about looking forward to a new take on the character.

But I would be disappointed if this is a SUPERMAN film with a bit of batman intro in it --- or a SUPERMAN/BATMAN film in which our first look at our new Batman is incomplete due to being rushed, only having half the screen time and thus not enough time for him to be developed.

If he's introduced "starting off" - then I feel it's sad, since not only I would have loved to have seen Snyders take on Bats as a solo gig ... but, yes ... you guess it...

Again, we're offered novelty and spectacle of having these two giants on screen ... at the cost of losing precious air time for character development of both characters (and their respective surrounding allies and foes)

The whole Clark/Daily Planet/Lois Lane thing needs more time to breathe --- and the man only just got their at the end of the movie! Give him time! Patience WB!

The correct way in my mind to do this would be:

Get MAN OF STEEL 2 in production

Get a new SOLO Batman film in production

Some how have the events of both films tie to one another --- leading to the meeting of these titans --- and they have a small meeting in an after scene appearance at the end of one of these films --- which leads to a SUPERMAN / BATMAN (Public enemies) type film --- which would -- -yep, introduce Wonder Woman at the end

Leading eventually to a Justice League.

It needs time.

If it's introducing Batman as a guy already in the works - then they do a prequel in the future introducing his world -- then maybe that could work.

Just my two pennies.

It's a great time to be a superhero fan.

PS - Also, could someone please photoshop the 'BAT LOGO' so we can have a good look at it by it self? Thanks in advance guys.

V

Last edited by verisimilitude; 07-21-2013 at 12:00 PM.
verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote