View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #82
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Nothing. Is that what you want to hear? Honestly. He brings domestic abuse, indecisive identities and genocidal AI.

That's it. So an Ultron movie without Hank Pym should be an MCU without Hank Pym.
If all Pym has going for him is an inferiority complex, I wouldn't want him at all. It's an interesting small component for a character, but his defining characteristic? There's nothing worse than having to get behind a mopey or consistently frustrated protagonist.

I'm sure they'll be shaping his characterization to their own liking, not unlike with Stark. Sometimes filmmakers can be just as creative as comic writers, y'know. It's an adaptation, and the best way to sell Ant-Man, a character whose name never doesn't inspire laughter in the GA, isn't going to be "He's got an inferiority complex and keeps failing at what he does. He's a total badass though, we swear." Wright described his film as a mad-scientist/super-spy mashup. I get the feeling they'll be doing what they want with him.