View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #5
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Last I heard Goyer was responsible for the begins script, which in many circles is considered gold, in the realm of cbm scripts.
He was but I also think BB suffers from similar script issues to MoS it is just that it is presented much better on screen.

One of the things I noticed in both films is that there seems to be a character who we have never seen before who annoyingly wonders in half way through the film and delivers a plot point from out of nowhere that sets up the third act. It just doesn't work for me and gives the feeling that the third acts are part of a completely different films than what comes before. The films take complete U-turns after those points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
The guy who wrote Sucker Punch and managed to make one of the most beautiful and thoughtful superhero comics ever written sound kind of stupid and juvenile?
Not seen Sucker Punch (though only heard bad things) but I thought Watchmen was actually pretty good.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.