View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #639
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
The general audience generally liked it for the most part. It was only a flop critically, and I have my own theories as to why that was the case (mainly critics having nostalgic ties to what they believe is Superman and not believing that a Superman story could have more of a serious tone).

MOS had a few story and pacing problems but acting, characterization of the characters, and the meaning/message behind Superman were by no means problems. All of those things were spot on. That being said, I am worried about the story and pacing in the film since not only is Goyer being let loose by himself again but Snyder is joining him as a co-writer.
Co-writer in terms of cooking up the story, not co-writing the actual screenplay himself.

Look, it would help if they got someone else other than Goyer, because truthfully, Snyder is only as good as the script he works with, and Goyer isn't the greatest writer in the world (case in point, MOS's screenplay) The execution is what needs to be better. I'm excited for what he comes up with, but I'm not expecting a very well executed screenplay. Maybe he could surprise us because he knows Batman and can make it work, but this movie would be helped if they got rid of Goyer.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote