Thread: Hank Pym?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #46
Raiden
The Captain

Default Re: Hank Pym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Having an Ultron movie come out a few months before an Ant-Man movie, and then having that Ant-Man movie involve a Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne that no longer has ANY connection to Ultron....THAT'S what's not making sense.

Or maybe you'd prefer that Ant-Man be about Scott Lang entirely? Hell, might as well just dump the facade and eliminate Hank and Janet from the MCU and the Avengers entirely.

Way to go, Joss.
The way I see it is that the MCU as it currently constructed does not really permit Pym to be a central character. If Ultron is to be in the MCU it needs to have some connection to one of the main heroes of the Avengers, such as Tony Stark, and to suddenly introduce Dr. Pym and expect him to have such a pivotal role in the Ultron saga would not have made sense. I know that it goes against the comics lore, but I think by not having an Ant Man movie before Phase II (and Edgar Wright opting to use Lang instead of Pym) pretty much sealed the fate, since Thanos was never going to appear in Avengers 2 due to his importance and power level in the Marvel Universe.

However, if there is anyone I'd trust to do Ultron justice sans Pym, it'd be the writer of Astonishing X-Men, Joss Whedon. I believe that in the end, he will make a movie that even the Ultron purists would like, and we should not judge the product before we see it.

Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote